<$BlogRSDURL$>
|insert catchy juxtaposition here|
Tuesday, July 08, 2003
 
Mid-summer Report

I've probably added about 10 books to my "to read" list that I got from my job. Hopefully I'll have time to read them in the next year. I'm currently working on one by John Elderedge (sp?) called Wild at Heart. I'm only a chapter or two in, but it seems like a useful read. My fourth holiday was cool - JonBoy came up from Virginia and spent 3-4 days with the amish around my place. We spent the 4th at a party where my lil brother's band provided the music. The band is pretty good, but is losing their lead singer to collge in a few months. Ah well, such is life.

I'm still seeking guidance on that last post of substance. Eventually i'll decide what to do. I've been teaching the jr. high kids at my church the past few weeks. That's been an interesting experience. The more I work, the more i realize I don't have all the answers (a lesson everyone should learn sometime). I don't think i've experienced as much drama since the last time I listened to a trinity dweller whine about floor runs. The group has more moodswings than any other one I've been a part of. That's probably because they are almost completely balanced (btw 7th & 8th grade, guys & girls, etc).

Something funny that i've been kicking around is that most americans could learn alot about life by watching the Simpsons. In my area its still a very taboo thing to do for some reason (the same people that hate simpsons will go and watch any of the movies or sitcoms that started recently). The family has gone through untold trials (mostly from homer's screw ups) but yet they are still together after about 15 years or so. No divorces, no cheating, which are things that america is currently experiencing. Like i said before, they also experience stupidity. This is one thing that americans have attained. Stupidity is abundant in america, especially in american colleges, and especially in those in american colleges who act like they are the smartest or are the most arrogant.

|
Comments: Post a Comment
You're only cool if your blog has a catchy juxtaposition in its title

ARCHIVES
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 / 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 / 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003 / 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 / 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 / 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 / 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003 / 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003 / 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 / 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 / 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 / 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 / 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 / 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 / 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 / 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 / 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 / 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 / 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 / 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 / 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 / 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 / 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 / 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 / 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 / 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 / 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 / 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 / 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 / 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 / 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007 /


[ Friends ]
C-4's Blog
Knep's Blog
Freak's Blog
Vampire's Blog


[ Non LU Links ]
Zeal For Truth: Forums
Joe Cartoon
Switchfoot
Third Day

Powered by Blogger


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com