in an article ("I am a Christian, and I Suck") i was reading from the online magazine, RELEVANT, an author quoted Dave Burchett (author of When Bad Christians Happen to Good People) as sharing this self-realization: "I am a hypocrite. I can be arrogant and selfish. I have been known to stretch, conceal, or slightly massage the truth. I am sometimes inconsiderate and insecure. I struggle with lust and impure thoughs. My ego often rages out of control, and i battle foolish pride. I can be lazy and foolhardy with my time. I get angry, petty, and ill-tempered. I am sarcastic and cynical. I am a Christian."
I know that quote fits me to a "T." How would the world change if you all joined me in admitting that that quote fits you just as well? I'm sorry to anyone i have hurt because of the faults listed above, and hope you forgive me. It was not intentional.
|