Spiritual Journey
I haven't found a quick three-point checklist that brings about a happy ending. There is no easy to swallow bible verse that answers all my questions. There is no salve that makes me feel better. And often God seems so distant and silent. I'm always going to be the stupid kid in the back of the class dealing with past hurts. I'm always going to be the one remaining non-member of the Holy Club.
My only resolve is this: this is my journey. These are my questions. This is my own spirituality. But I do believe that somehow in some way along my journey... Jesus shows up. Maybe he's wearing the skin of a reject, maybe he is my grocery store clerk. He doesn't show up toating a bible or a statement or a press release or a best seller or his latest album or movie. He just shows up, holds my hand and walks with me.
After that... Who knows?
Adapted from an article, but personalized for me
|